Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day at the Shores

Last Saturday was my last day before I started working as a night shift nurse. Feeling overwhelmed and full of anxiety, my husband, decided it would be good for everyone to spend a day together at the shores. It was a really beautiful afternoon. We don't like to go there too early as we are not much of beach goers or people that lay out. We try and avoid the sun. Anyway, the weather was nice, it was not hot and had just enough of cool in the wind to make it very nice. Our kids enjoyed playing in the sand and flying kites. We were able to eat a picnic style dinner on the beach and then at the end of the day sit on board walk and sip some hot tea. By the time the evening had rolled around it was just enough chilly to want to put on an extra layer of clothes. The day ended up being relaxing and just what I needed to calm my nerves. Watching the vast ocean in front of us, just showed that God has everything in control. He tells the waves to move and they move. You stand there at the edge of the ocean and you feel small, my fear and anxiety was so small compared to such a vast ocean in front of me. With each crashing wave, the overwhelming fear lessened. Enjoy the following pictures from our Saturday.





www.tips-fb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment